lunes, 18 de octubre de 2010

Friends for Life

Hello all, I'm sorry for not writing in such a long time, I've just had a lot on my mind.
On Friday the first bimester in my new school ended. I guess on average it was a pretty good first quarter of the year. So on Friday, once school had broken up, I was planning to go to Peru to see my friends. I was really worried though, because although they are all awesome people, everyone changes with time and no matter how hard I tried to think positive thoughts, bad thoughts kept crossing my mind, questions like what id they didn't like me anymore? what if they had changed? what if we had nothing to talk about? or what if things just weren't the same?
At school I smiled and said I couldn't wait... but deep down inside I was terrified.
Months turned in to weeks, weeks in to days, days in to hours; before I knew it I was sitting in the plane ready to set off to Peru. 4 hours went past in a flash and soon the air hostess was announcing our arrival, people were standing up, getting ready to leave, but I couldn't make my self stand up. I sat there clinging to the seat until the person next to me asked me to move so they could exit the plane. I stood, grabbed my bag and left as fast as I could. I went through immigrations, baggage pick up and finally to the big glass doors that separate the arrivals from their awaiting families and friends. I held my breath and walked out. There they were, the four girls that had helped me through tough times and with whom I had had enumerable adventures. They ran forward and hugged me. At that moment I could finally relax. I was home, with the bast friends I could ever ask for. Suddenly I knew they were the same and so was I. Nothing but my address had changed.
You see when you have friends as good as mine, with something as simple as a hug you know that nothing could ever end that friendship. Those are true friends for life.
"Friends are like stars, although you can't always see them, you know they are always there."
Carla, Lauren, Claudia and Vero <3 you are my stars, don't ever change, I don't know how I would live without you.


V.vison

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario