sábado, 14 de mayo de 2011

End of the School year

The last couple of weeks before summer holidays are the worst. The stress of deadlines , final projects, desperately trying to get your grade up not to mention the dreaded final exams. You have to really focus on work and basically end up having no life. We are expected to study everything we have done for the past six months whilst also doing all the end of unit projects which will finalize our grades before the final exams; but so close to the holidays all I can do is daydream about what I’m going to be doing for those glorious eight weeks of freedom. I try to focus on work in class but after a couple of minutes I stare in to the distance and start thinking of all the fun things I want to do over the holidays. I really do try to study hard but I get distracted so easily and every little thing makes me thing of ending the year. I’ll be in class watching a video and I’ll say to myself: “focus, focus, focus, you need to know this for finals” and then a fly will fly past me and I’ll start to think about how cool it would be to fly and then how scary it would be, because I’m scared of heights then I’ll start to think of the times I’ve been the most scared, one of these being when I went caving during the January holidays. This will then lead me to start thinking about how nice it was to see my friends in Mexico on that holiday and how I will see them really soon. Then I’ll start to make plans for what we will do when I see them, these involve renting a bunch of movies, buying pizza, ice cream and brownies and eating. Suddenly a loud noise will be made and I’ll remember I was supposed to be watching the video because I'll need to know this stuff for the final exam but by this time I've missed a load of the video, so now I really try and concentrate. Then I'll see an ant randomly wondering around on my table and I'll start to think about how it got there and what a cool journey it must be... and I'm off again. So now I'm even more stressed because I have no idea what was on the video and I know I need to learn it for finals. So yea, this is a bit of a random blog about the stress of the end of the year and also how weird my mind is and how quickly I get distracted, I hope it didn't bore you,

V.vison

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario